Saturday, 17 February 2018
Gung hai fat choi
Szechaun stir fry sauce
1. Chop the vegetables into stir fry sized pieces.
2. Finely chop garlic, ginger and chilli and place in a microwavable bowl. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce and about the same of mirin. Put the fish into the marinade, making sure all sides have been flavoured. Put cling film on the top, pierce, to let out the steam.
3. Heat the "wok" (or 8 in 1 cooking thing for us) and melt coconut oil.
4. Put the vegetables in to the "wok" and start stir frying, adding half a cup of water helps it steam cook at the same time.
5. Nuke the fish for 4 minutes.
6. Add the stir fry sauce to the vegetables, stir through, make sure it's all hot - you may wish to add a little more water.
7. By now the fish has been nuked and stood for a couple of minutes - nuke it again for 4 minutes.
8. Add the noodles to the vegetables, and stir in. Heat through for a minute or so.
9. Put the noodles into a dish, and the fish on top.
10. Serve, scoff ... slightly smugly congratulate yourself for doing better than just take-away 6 full weeks into kitchen renovations.