Shop local, eat global! The kitchen fairies fancied a change tonight, but also wanted to get all the ingredients from Todmorden Market. Fresh and seasonal veg from Garry outside, garlic, rice, oil and nuts from The Mediterranean Pantry, eggs from Bracewell's - and oriental flavours from Oriental Foods. Ta dah ... cashew fried rice.
Chinese rice wine
1. Cook rice, briefly cook peas if using fresh - frozen is easier.
2. In a wok or large frying pan stir-fry prepared vegetables, garlic, ginger and chilli in coconut oil. Prepared the veg by peeling and cutting into similar sized pieces which will cook quickly.
3. Add rive, and stir. Add sploshes of rice wine, rice vinegar and soya sauce
4. Whisk 2 eggs together, pour onto the rice and allow to stand for a minute or so, until it starts to firm up.
5. Chuck cashew nuts and quickly stir in.
6. Serve, with extra soya sauce to tase, sprinkle with cashew nuts and finely sliced spring onions if you have them.