Tuesday, 10 April 2018
Jerk pork, wedges and coleslaw
I make my own jamaican jerk spice mix, available from The Mediterranean Pantry - but there are many other brands available.
Pork loin chops
Jamaican jerk seasoning
1. Mix jamaican jerk seasoning with a spoonful of olive oil, rub onto pork and leave to marinade.
2. Chop potatoes into wedges, toss in olive oil, and bake at 180 for about 40 minutes.
3. Chop onion, peeled carrot and cabbage into coleslaw sized pieces (or grate if you don't fancy all that chopping). Mix with a good pinch of salt.
4. Add sesame seeds, a squirt of lemon juice and a glug of olive oil to the slaw and stir in.
5. Pop the pork in the oven for the last 20 minutes of the potatoes.
6. Serve, scoff - some people like to mix mayonnaise into their slaw for the creamier version.