Sunday, 4 August 2013
The best homemade pasta in history
250(ish)g type OO flour
3 large free range eggs
3 big cloves garlic, crushed
lots of good olive oil
handful mixed mushrooms, brushed clean and torn, chopped into bite sized pieces
glug of brandy
freshly grated parmesan
1. Make pasta - take your time and do it properly. This was extremely fine sheets cut into wide-ish tagliatelli strips. Toss in as little flour as possible to keep the strands separate.
2. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil, and start the sauce.
3. Heat good glug of good olive oil, when warm (NOT spitting hot) add mushrooms and garlic. Cook gently for about 5 minutes, adding more oil when the mushrooms have released their water, just to loosen the sauce. Season thoughtfully.
4. Cook tagliatelli in water for a brief time (about a minute in this case).
5. Meanwhile chuck brandy into mushrooms and flame. Once flame has gone turn off heat and stir in chopped parsley.
6. Drain pasta and chuck into sauce. Toss, serve with black pepper and freshly grated parmesan. A little green salad goes well.
7. Sit back and receive much praise.