Sunday, 6 July 2014
Broad bean, courgette and petit pois risotto, with a green salad
So, recipe ...
2 spring onions, chopped
large bag of broad beans, double peeled to a small handful of green gems
1 courgette, diced
frozen petit pois
grated fontina and parmesan
lemon zest, juice of lemon
seasonning, specially black pepper
salt and pepper
spring onion, sliced thinly
cucumber (small amount, diced)
cos lettuce, sliced to about 1 inch pieces
1. Put the salad dressing ingredients in the bottom of big bowl, whisk together. Chuck on onion, radish and cucumber.
2. Sautee onion briefly in olive oil. Add diced courgette, crushed garlic, and toss in oil for a few seconds.
3. Add risotto rice, and stir until each grain is finely coated in oil. Shake in herbs.
4. Add a glass of white wine and simmer.
5. Add vegetable stock, simmer. Keep adding stock and simmering for about 5 minutes - then add broad beans.
6. Carry on adding vegetable stock and simmering until nearly dry until rice is nearly done.
7. Add a handful of frozen peas and another ladle of stock.
8. After 2 minutes, turn off the heat, stir in cheeses and let the rice suck up the final juices for 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle on lemon zest and squeeze in lemon juice.
10. Serve, with a good grinding of black pepper.
11. Chuck shredded lettuce onto salad and toss - serve with risotto.
Summery and delicious. Made me feel better after a few days of grim viral bleaugh-ness.