Tuesday, 30 June 2015
Cod baked with fennel, with parsley oil
salt and pepper
1. Wash new potatoes and put on to boil (about 15 minutes).
2. Chop fennel into 3/4 cm strips - removing outer tough leaves. Place in oven proof dish and splosh on olive oil and the juice of half a lemon, season - and microwave to soften for 5 minutes (if I had more time I would steam).
3. Chop courgettes and add to fennel.
4. Layer cod onto veg and drizzle with olive oil, spritz of lemon juice, season and bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so.
5. Zizz huge handful of parsley in olive oil, add a spritz of lemon juice and a turn of salt and pepper. Zizz a bit more, strain through a fine sieve. Drizzle over the fish and veg when it is served.
This was light and very tasty. Fennel and parsley oil is particularly delicious, and not something we had tried before. Definitely a do again dinner. Next time I might fry the courgette briefly first, and add some petit pois for colour, but it doesn't really need it.