Pages

Saturday 7 November 2015

Bonfire night butter bean casserole, mash and cavolo nero

I may have mentioned it before, but I LOVE cavolo nero, and get stupidly excited when it arrives in the veg box.  It doesn't have to be fancy or smartenned up - I love it steamed and plain.  Of course, it's fabulous in things, and with garlic etc etc  - but just steamed ... yum.

It wasa chilly bonfire night, so I thought that a nice slightly spicy, smoky casserole and some comforting mash would be great.  I was right.

potatoes
butter
onion
garlic
butternut squash
red pepper
carrots
butter beans
tin tomatoes
smoked paprika
dried mustard.

1.  Make mash ... no instructions!
2.  Make casserole - start with sauteeing onions, add bite sized prepped veg, add tomatoes and water, add spices ... simmer - taste - takes about 35 minutes.
3.  Steam cavolo nero.

Scoff

... rushed instructions as I have to go out now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments.

Yummly

Yum