Saturday, 7 November 2015
Parsnip, mushroom and kale pasta
1 red onion
pasta (gluten free in our case)
1. Peel parsnip and cut into bite sized peices, fry gently in olive oil for about 10 minutes, add dried mustard powder and keep cooking gently.
2. In another pan sautee chopped onion and crushed garlic.
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
4. When the onion is soft add chopped mushrooms and fry a little longer.
5. When the mushrooms are about cooked, add in shredded kale, white wine a little stock - allow to steam/fry for a few minutes.
6. Drain the pasta, add the parsnips and pasta to the other veg, mix together.
Serve with plenty of black pepper and optional parmesan.