Monday, 8 July 2013
Savoury tarte tatin
handful green beans
3 largish new potatoes
pine nuts - toasted
salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olive oil, balsamic vinegar - toss
Heat oven to 180, cook in oven proof frying pan
1. soften chopped onion in olive oil and butter
2. Add peeled and chopped carrot, green beans and potatoes.
3. Chuck in chopped rosemary, season ... then add what you fancy - I had some cumin seeds and some chili, so chucked those in.
4. When veg are starting to vaguely soften add a glug of cider vinegar and about a glass of apple juice.
5. Simmer until they are just about soft, add water if the pan goes too dry.
6. Roll out pastry and plonk on top, tucking edges in in a rustic fashion. Pierce with a fork to let out steam.
7. Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes - turn out and sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top.
8. Serve, with salad, and chilled wine for adoring praise from gathered victims - well just the one today - but it was so nice we ate enough for 4.