Tuesday, 5 August 2014
Quick search in the fridge and cupboard - and knew this would be tasty and filling.
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1-2 courgettes chopped
2 handfuls of red lentils
about a glass of red wine
6 tomatoes, chopped
mustard (american hotdog mustard, or hot mustard and a tsp of sugar)
salt and pepper
grated parmesan to taste
spaghetti (gluten free for us)
1. Sweat chopped onion in olive oil. After a minute or so add chopped carrot and celery.
2. When cooking has started add herbs, garlic and lentils. Stir
3. Add a glass of red wine and some water/stock. Simmer.
4. Add chopped courgette. Simmer some more.
5. When lentils are swollen and getting soft (10-15 mins) - add chopped tomatoes and seasoning.
6. Put spaghetti into boiling water.
7. Simmer sauce and cook spaghetti.
... when done serve with (or without) grated parmesan