Thursday, 19 February 2015
Chili and garlic squid, black bean vegetable, noodle, stir fry
So, tonight we had garlic chili squid and a black bean, vegetable and noodle stir fry.
Noodles are traditional for a long life, I believe. Rice noodles, in our case, to keep it all gluten free.
Chili and garlic squid
Squid tubes - cut into rings
1. Cut squid tubes into rings, mix with chili, garlic and chopped spring onion.
2. Make a batter (quite liquid) from cornflour and water.
3. Dip squid into batter and fry in hot oil.
Black bean paste
Chinese rice wine
1. Prepare all the vegetables, chopping into bite sized pieces.
2. Heat oil in the wok, add spring onion and black bean paste.
3. Stir fry, add veg ... from harder to softer, so they cook in time.
4. Meanwhile cook noodles according to packet instructions.
5. Taste veg and add soy sauce, rice wine and ketchup to taste.
6. Add a little water if it's looking dry.
7. When noodles are ready, drain and add to veg.
8. Sprinkle chopped spring onions over the top.
sweet chili sauce
Mixed to taste
Oh ... I am so full ... roll on the year of the sheep.