Wednesday, 22 July 2015
The red pepper, mange tout and parsley salad goes really well with it.
1 kg baby potatoes
1 egg yolk
250ml milk (soya in this case)
1 green chili
1/2 yellow pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp flour (gluten free today)
Big handful of parsley
2 spring onions
1. Put potatoes on to boil.
2. Zizz together egg yolk, milk and cheese, until it looks like double cream.
3. Sautee gently the pepper, chopped green chili and garlic until soft - in the olive oil and turmeric.
4. Add the flour, stir into the vegetables, then add the sauce and simmer, while stirring to thicken.
5. Tip the sauces back into the blender and zizz again, until smooth.
6. Make the salad - toss the leaves together, finely slice radish and onion, shred mange tout and cut pepper into rings. Spinkle cress on top.
7. Serve - drain potatoes, serve with cheese sauce on top with the salad.
The recipe suggests serve with boiled eggs and olives - but I prefer the salad option. Next time I think I'll add more turmeric to make the sauce brighter yellow.