A neighbour, very generously, gave us some home grown new crop potatoes. She was very proud of them - and quite justifiably so, they were DELICIOUS. I just boiled them simply and sprinkled them with sea salt. To accompany them I did spicy crunchy fish and lovely spring vegetables.
Pollock (or other white fish) fillets, cut into 2 inch(ish) piece
Malaysian fish curry spice mix
1. Toss polenta and spice together, then toss fish pieces in the mix.
2. Fry (in batches) in olive oil, drain on kitchen paper, and keep warm until veg and potatoes are ready.
1 onion, finely chopped
Clove garlic, crushed
Little gem lettuce, cut into 6-8 wedges
Radishes, finely sliced
1. Soften onion in olive oil, add crushed garlic.
2. Add petit pois and wine, heat through, about 3-4 minutes
3. Add lettuce and radich, toss through until lettuce has wilted a little - about 2 minutes.
Serve - scoff - have seconds