Sunday, 23 August 2015
Veg box fritters with new potatoes - from the allotment.
The new potatoes are our first crop from the allotment - very proud! And, very delicious.
Corn on the cob
Bicarbonate of soda
Rape seed oil
1. Scrape kernels from sweetcorn (or use tinned/frozen).
2. Grate peeled carrots, onion and courgette.
3. Mix all veg together and add salt, let sit for at least 10 minutes to draw out some of the moisture (not to drain off, to activate the bicarb).
4. Add in spices, mix well.
5. Add gram flour, bicarb, and mix well.
6. Fry, gently, in rape seed oil.
7. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
1. Mix ingredient together, and season to taste.
Tomato and basil salad ... yup. tomato, basil and salt.
I would have added a green salad, but no leaves left from the veg box. However, this was all delish and the yogurt sauce went spectacularly with the fritters.