Wednesday, 19 July 2017
Spanish fish casserole
The "spanish" about it is a little bit of heat, a little smokey paprika, peppers and garlic. It was damn good.
Pepper (yellow or red)
Tin chopped tomatoes
1. Sautee chopped onion and crushed garlic in olive oil.
2. Add chunky diced potatoes - I keep the skin on, but peeled on not - either is fine.
3. Add chopped courgette and pepper, add a pinch of chilli flakes, a pinch of smoked paprika and a smidge of turmeric.
4. Pour in about a glass of white wine, and about the same of stock.
5. Simmer, after 5 minutes add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a tablespoon of tomato puree and a tin of water. Simmer again, covered.
6. When the potatoes are just about done (15-18 minutes) add fish to the top, and cover again, to let it steam through for about 5-10 minutes (depends how big your fish is).
7. Serve, scoff ... could have had crunchy bread and a green salad, could have topped with aioli - but it was delicious by itself.