Friday, 12 January 2018
Butter bean and root vegetable hotpot
Butter beans (tinned, drained)
1. Sautee chopped onions is olive oil.
2. Add a teaspoon of tuscan mix (herbs, garlic and chilli) and continue to fry.
3. Add diced root vegetables, and chopped mushrooms - I didn't peel the potatoes, but did peel the others before dicing.
4. Squueze in a spoonful of tomato puree and add some water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add a teaspoon of marmite, and a a big one of mustard. Simmer with the lid on.
6. Drain a tin of butter beans and add to the mixture. Simmer until beans are heated through.
7. Serve, scoff.