Chicken and mushroom stroganoff
Serves: 4. Time: approx 30 minutes: Calories: approx 450 per portion Cost: approx £1.30 per portion
1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Celery stick
2 skinless chicken breasts
Chicken stock (cube is fine)
About 12 Green beans
About 4 Runner beans
Paprika & black pepper
100ml Half fat creme fraiche
100ml double cream
Tagliatelli - about 70g per portion
- Chop and sautee in olive oil - leek, onion and celery.
- Add bite sized pieces of chicken breast, turn over until edges are a bit coloured.
- Add crushed garlic, and a cup of stock (add more if it looks like it's a bit dry).
- Cook tagliatelli in salted boiling water.
- Add chopped beans and mushrooms, and simmer until beg is soft and chicken is cooked, season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Just before pasta is al dente add creme fraiche and cream to chicken and vegetables.
- Drain pasta and mix into sauce.
- Chuck in chopped parsley and sprinkling of paprika.
- Scoff (with or without steamed cavolo nero (about 7 minutes steaming) or crunchy salad.