So, tonight, I was going to make a veggie Thai curry, but victim suggested prawn. I didn't fancy prawns, so we ended up with chicken and assorted vegetables. It was delicious. Victim declared it too hot for me, and had some creme fraiche. Wuss! I could feel the heat, but scoffed the lot.
I have decided to try to be a tiny bit more official with recipes, separating out the ingredients and methods, let me know if you prefer this - or hate it!
Serves 4: Approx 30 minutes prep time: Approx: 395 calories per portion: Approx: £1.35 per portion
1/2 tbsp peanut oil
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp curry paste
1 crushed garlic clove
Vegetables eg. spring onions, orange pepper, small asian aubergine/courgette things, green beans, string beans, mushrooms, beansprouts
Tin coconut milk
- Fry bite sized pieces of chicken breast in peanut oil for a few seconds. Use a wok or decent sized shallow pan so that you can get everything in.
- Add curry paste and garlic.
- Add chopped vegetables, except beansprouts, turn over a few times and then add a cup of water.
- Simmer for a bit, add coconut milk, simmer some more until vegetables are a bit soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in big handfuls of beansprouts and turn over in sauce for a minute 'til they are heated through.
- Serve over thai jasmine rice.