So, prawny stir fry with noodles:-
Serves 2: Takes: about 20ish mins - start to finish - 10 mins cooking time: Approx calories per serving: 395 approx price per serving: £1.90
Ingredients (indicative, not exhaustive - use veg you have available, amounts approximate to say the least)
1 tbsp peanut oil
Vegetables: spring onions, orange pepper, carrot, courgette, mushrooms, green beans, radish, beansprouts
handful of prawns
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger puree
1 finely chopped chili
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp rice wine
2 "cakes" of dried noodles
pinch of sesame seeds
- Chop veg, and mince garlic and ginger, finely chop chili.
- Put water on for noodles, heat peanut oil in large frying pan/wok
- When the oil is hot chuck all veg in and toss around a bit. Add garlic, ginger, chili and toss around a bit more.
- After a couple of minutes add tomato puree, soy sauce and a splash of rice wine - and about half a cup of water.
- When noodle water boils chuck noodles into it - and chuck prawns into veg (if you are using frozen prawns thaw them out in boiling water first - boil kettle pour onto frozen prawns, swirl about, leave for 30 seconds or so, check they are soft - then chuck into veg).
- Chuck veg about happily, and a minute or so later add beansprouts.
- Drain noodles and add to stir fry.
- Toss energetically, sprinkle on sesame seeds, and more soy sauce if you think it needs it.