Saturday, 27 April 2013
Chipati wraps - spicy chicken and salad
1 pack chapatis
3 chicken breasts
3 tbsp natural yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp flour, lightly seasoned
1 piece wholemeal bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 small onion
juice of 1 orange
Lettuce (cos and chinese leaf) shredded
1 red pepper, in strips
4 tbsp light mayonnaise
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
2. Mix mexican spices and garlic into yogurt and 1 tbsp olive oil, chuck in 2/3 rds of chicken - cover and put in fridge to marinade.
3. Whisk egg, put seasoned flour on one plate, egg on the next and breadcrumbs mixed with herbs on a third.
4. Cover the remaining chicken pieces in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs - cover and put in fridge.
5. Slaw - grate and mix carrots, radish, onion, celeriac - add small handful mustard seeds, some sesame seeds and orange juice. Chill.
6. Cut up other salad ingredients.
7. To make up - fry chicken nuggets in olive oil, and marinated chicken in another pan with a tiny amount of oil.
8. Wet sheet of greaseproof paper under the tap, scrunch it up, smooth it out, and wrap chipatis in it - microwave for 2 minutes.
9. When chicken bits are cooked, drain nuggets on kitchen paper, pile everything on table and let victims make their own dinner.
A round of applause from littlest victim for his chicken nuggets, but he wasn't keen on the red pepper. Bigger victims demolished most of the rest. The carrot, celeriac slaw was the best bit for me. Success, I say.