Sunday, 28 April 2013
Apple and strawberry sponge
I also couldn't be bothered to measure things so just did it by eye. I think the result was slightly less sweet than "recipe" sponge, which I preferred. Victims scoffed happily, one with ice cream, and one with cream. Tiny victim munched around the fruit in a very accomplished fashion.
Juice 1/2 orange
Self raising flour
1. Grease flan dish with butter, sprinkle some sugar on the bottom.
2. Slice apples, spritz with orange juice to stop them going brown, slice strawberries. Lay fruit on bottom of dish.
3. Cream butter (about 75g) and sugar (about 75g) until light and fluffy.
4. Add 1 egg, beat in, add self raising flour (about 75g) beat in. Add the other egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract beat, add flour beat.
5. If it looks a little stiff add a splash of milk (or soya milk in my case)
6. Blob and smooth over fruit, and bake at 180C for about 30 minutes.
Delicious warm or cold. People who have eaten with me know that I don't really "do" pudding when I am supposed to, so the victims had theirs yesterday, and I had mine for breakfast with natural yogurt. Tsk, tsk... but it is Sunday.