Wednesday, 1 May 2013
Veg box pasta with feta and salami
1 tbsp olive olive oil
1 leek, cleaned and sliced.
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 kholrabi, peeled and chopped
6 runner beans, bite sized pieces
1 courgette chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp chili flakes
500ml (+) stock
handful cherry tomatoes
1/2 pack feta, and some left over lancashire
8 slices salami
big handful baby spinach
200g (ish) pasta spirals
1. Soften veg (leek, carrots, kholrabi, beans, courgette) in olive oil for a couple of minutes.
2. Put pasta on to boil - follow packet instructions - boil for 2 minutes less than it says.
3. Add garlic, herbs, stock, chili, cherry tomatoes and seasoning to veg, stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or so. (I would have added a glass of white wine if there was any knocking about).
4. When pasta is cooked (almost) drain and add to veg, squish tomatoes down a bit.
5. Add in chopped cheese, stir, lid on for a couple of minutes. Add salami, chopped into pieces.
6. Put spinach on top, lid back on for a minute, lid off stir spinach in until it is wilted.
7. Lift into bowl, season with more black pepper.