Wednesday, 29 May 2013
Asparagus and spinach "risotto"
1 tbsp olive oil
Celery (about the same volume as leek, chopped)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 bunch asparagus
1 tsp marmite
rice (I used basmati, but I think risotto/short grain would be better)
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs (or better still, chopped fresh herbs)
water (better with stock and wine)
1 handful frozen peas
1 big handful spinach
1. Soften leek and celery in olive oil.
2. Add rice, garlic and herbs .. and chopped asparagus stems, stir about a bit, then chuck in rice and stir until every grain is coated in oil.
3. Add some water and simmer (stock would actually help add depth of flavour, should have added stock ... ! sigh)
4. Stir, check, stir etc ... when nearly done add asparagus speary bits, frozen peas and spinach.
5. Stir in, add cheese, turn off heat. Let rest while cheese melts, spinach wilts and everything else goe all gooey and delish.