Sunday, 21 April 2013
Spicy beef stir fry with noodles
I used peanut oil, cos I had some, but any neutral flavoured vegetable oil would be fine, avoid olive oil.
1 tbsp peanut oil
about 100g steak - in bite sized strips
1 small leek
Fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 red pepper, in strips
1/2 Kholrabi, peeled and chopped into strips
Small handful green beans
Chinese rice wine
Chinese rice wine vinegar
Sweet chili sauce
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1 cup water
Shredded chinese leaf
1 nest noodles
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat wok, add peanut oil. Sear beef in hot oil.
2. After a couple of minutes flipping meat about add chopped leek, garlic, ginger and chili. (set smoke alarm off)
3. When leek is slightly softened, chuck in harder veg - beans, kholrabi and pepper.
4. Splash in chinese rice wine, chinese rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Keep stirring around for a couple of minutes, add sliced mushrooms.
5. Add water, and boil quickly.
6. Slake cornflour in water and stir in quickly to thicken sauce.
7. Chuck in cooked, drained noodles, beansprouts and shredded cabbage.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top, scoff.