Friday, 4 October 2013
Mushroom and chickpea curry
curry spice mix
tin of chickpeas
1. Sautee chopped onion, then add spices and garlic.
2. Add in chopped red pepper and green beans, keep sauteeing for a bit.
3. Chuck in mushrooms, and a little water if it needs to be let down. Simmer for a few minutes. Taste - adjust seasoning if necessary - remembering that you will add yogurt and creme fraiche which will cut any heat or harshness a bit.
4. When vegetables are tender add a tin of chickpeas (drained), heat through.
5. Turn off heat, allow to cool briefly (it helps the yogurt not to split).
6. Stir in 2 tbsp natural yogurt and about 1 tbsp creme fraiche.