Thursday, 11 December 2014
Slashed root vegetables, butter beans and cabbage with roast tomatoes
1. Bung cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, whack up the oven to its highest setting.
2. Peel and chop root vegetables (turnip, kohlrabi and carrots), boil.
3. Chop and sautee onion and celery in olive oil, add rosemary and white wine, sautee until quite soft.
4. Chop cabbage, steam over root veg.
5. Add butter beans to onions, heat through.
6. When root veg are soft, add olive oil spread and lots, no a bit more, lots of freshly ground black pepper. Slice through quickly and thoroughly with a sharp knife (hence slashed, not mashed). (Use butter here if you are not lactose intolerant/vegan).
7. Mix cabbage with butter beans.
8. Serve, scoff.
Delicious. Nutritious, Seasonal - what more do you want?