Monday, 8 December 2014
Leek and potato gratin
2 big leeks
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Dry white wine
1. Chop and wash the leeks, sautee in olive oil, add fennel seeds and crushed garlic.
2. Chop and boil the potatoes, steam chopped green beans on top of potatoes.
3. When leeks are nearly soft add dry white wine, simmer for a few minutes.
4. Drain potatoes.
5. Make a sauce of leeks by adding soya milk, a fork full of cornflour slaked in water, and grated cheese. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring while it thickens.
6. Mix potatoes and leek sauce mixture in ovenproof dish.
7. Top with sliced tomatoes, and grated cheese.
8. Bake in lower part of hot Aga oven for 30 minutes.
Explore holiday home....
Scoff. Have seconds. And another glass of wine. And ...... relax!