Thursday, 14 May 2015
Lentil and spring vegetable casserole with spicy potatoes and grilled halloumi
Leeks, washed and chopped
Carrots, peeled and chopped
Sping cabbage shredded
Blackenned Cajun seasoning
1. Put the potatoes on to par-boil.
2. Sautee leeks and carrots in olive oil, add crushed garlic.
3. Add a handful, or so, of small lentils and some white wine and a teaspoon of english mustard, simmer.
4. Drain potatoes and put in hot olive oil in an oven tray. Turn them over in the oil, and sprinkle on speices and herbs. Roast for about 45 minutes, in a hot oven.
5. Simmer veg, add water if necessary for a while. About 5 minutes before serving add in shredded cabbage.
6. Fry the halloumi, at medium heat, in a tiny drop of olive oil, until golden on each side.
This was a fantastic finish to last week's veg box, the spring greens giving the casserole a nice sweetness at the end, balancing the warming earthiness of the lentils and mustard.