Wednesday, 16 September 2015
Black forest cantuccini
2 cups GF plain flour
1 cup golden granulated sugar
1 heaped tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cherry liquer (OK, OK cherry B)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp brandy (I used armagnac ... cos it was for a proper treat ... use brandy .. or leave out)
2 cups (mixed together) of:-
toasted hazelnuts - roughly chopped.
dark chocolate chips (or chopped up plain chocolate)
almonds - roughly chopped
1. mix dry ingredients together -
2. add fruit and nuts. Mix together by lifting into the air and letting drop back into the bowl, so that all the fruit and nuts are separated and coated in the flour and sugar, and evenly distributed through the mix.
3. Whisk eggs and liquids together.
4. Mix liquid, bit by bit, into dry ingredients. The mix might look quite wet ... but bear with it
5. Turn out onto floured board, and mix together to a soft dough/batter.
6. Shape into 3 rectangles shapes - put onto baking sheet, lined with baking paper,
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Take out of the oven and leave for 15(ish) minutes until cool enough to handle.
9. Slice into 1/2 (ish) cm pieces. Lay onto new baking sheets lined with baking paper.
10 Bake again for 15 mins - until golden brown.
Watch out at a bake sale near you - these are definitely worth selling.