Our interesting dietary requirements mean that our dinners, if we are all to eat the same, need to be meat free, gluten free and lactose free - but I fancied something a little bit creamy, rather than the usual tomato based sauce ... so missing out the bacon, the cream and using gluten free pasta - came up with this, which was enjoyed by all. It was improved by adding parmesan, for those of us who could. I didn't want to, so had loads of black pepper ground on top.
1. Sweat onions gently in olive oil.
2. Add mushooms and crushed garlic and cook together for about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile boil pasta.
4. Add frozen peas to mushrooms and heat through.
5. Lightly whip the egg.
6. When the pasta is done, drain and add to the mushrooms, take off the heat.
7. Stir the egg into the pasta mixture and let it cook with the heat of the pan.