Saturday, 17 October 2015
Potatoes, eggs and green beans
Onion - diced
1. Boil potatoes in salted water for about 8 minutes, steam the green beans on top.
2. Sweat down onion in olive oil.
3. Remove softened onion from pan and fry the potatoes in olive oil until they start to brown and crisp up.
4. Add back the onions, the steamed beans and the crushed garlic and chili.
5. Toss about for 5 minutes or so.
6. Push the ingredients apart slightly, to provide little spaces for the eggs, break them in.
7. Cover the pan so that the tops of the eggs, as well as the bottoms, cook. It shouldn't take more than about 5 minutes.
8. Serve with a grinding of black pepper.