Tuesday, 13 October 2015
Onion bhaji, potato and pea curry, chickpea and pumpkin curry
3 onions, finely sliced
Potato and pea curry
black mustard seeds
Chickpea and pumpkin curry
1. Start onion bhajis - sliced onions and add salt and spices. Leave to sit - this will draw the water out of the onions, allowing them to bond better with the gram flour forming their own batter.
2. Start other curries by sauteeing diced onion, and the spices and garlic.
3. Add potatoes to one pan and butternut squash to the other, cook for a few minutes.
4. Add tomato paste to butternut squash, and water to them both.
5. Simmer curries for about 15 minutes, add more water if they get dry.
6. Add chickpeas to butternut squash, and then cook a little longer.
7. Add shredded kale to butternut squash and peas to potatoes, simmer for 5 more minutes.
8. When other curries are ready, add bicarb and gram flour to the onions for the bhajis, and mix.
9. Fry spoonfuls of onions, drain on kitchen roll and eat.