One of those open the fridge door - stare aimlessly at piles of veg for a bit, then a rummage in the cupboard and Tah-dah Massaman curry is created within 25 minutes. Again, all ingredients can be sourced from Todmorden's fabulous market.
Coconut oil, coconut cream, garlic, chickpeas and rice from The Mediterranean Pantry
Massaman curry paste and coconut cream from Oriental Foods
Veg from the traders outside ...
Massaman curry paste
1. Cook rice - in this case basmati, but I would have used jasmine if I had any.
2. Sautee onion in coconut oil, add crushed garlic.
3. Add chopped vegetables, and a couple of teaspoons of curry paste and some water and simmer until veg is almost done.
4. Drain a tin of chickpeas and bung them in.
5. Add creamed coconut, and simmer until chickpeas are heated through and veg is cooked.
6. Serve, scoff ...
One day I will learn to take better pics!