Saturday, 17 September 2016
Hake, on a bed of lentils
All ingredients available from inside and outside Todmorden market.
The Mediterranean Pantry
Gluten free flour
Garry the veg
Lots of places: eggs
1. Roast potatoes, in olive oil, in a hot oven for about an hour.
2. Sautee chopped onion and carrot, with a little crushed garlic, in olive oil.
3. When the onion is soft, add lentils - beluga in this case - but any small brown would be good. Add stock made of bouillon, and bay leaves, cook until lentils are done. Add more stock/water if required.
4. Make lemon mayonnaise - whisk an egg yolk with 1/2 tsp dijon mustard and the juice of a lemon. Slowly whisk in about a cup of light olive oil - it will thicken to a glossy mayonnaise.
5. Dust the fish in flour, then dip into whisked egg. Fry, in hot oil, for a few minutes...
6. Serve, scoff ...