Saturday, 1 October 2016
Shepherd's pie, and sheperdless pie, made easy
1. Sautee chopped leeks and celery in olive oil. Add crushed garlic.
2. Boil potatoes for the mash.
3. Add chopped mushrooms to the leek mixture, stock made from bouillon, a small sprinkle of chilli flakes, a couple of bay leaves and a good pinch of mixed herbs. Season.
4. When the veg are cooked add a tin of beans, a spoonful of dijon mustard and a small cup of soya milk, just to give it a bit of sauce.
5. Fry off the mince.
6. Mash the potatoes, adding soya spread/butter.
7. Divide the veg mixture between 2 oven dishes, add mice to one. Top both with mash and bake for 20-30 minutes.
8. Serve, with steamed veg ... scoff.