Thursday, 20 October 2016
Kale, spinach and feta tumble top pie, with cumin carrots and herby courgettes
1. Chop onion and soften in olive oil. Add shredded kale.
2. Dice potatoes and par boil.
3. When the kale is a little soft add handfuls of spinach to wilt.
4. Peel carrots, toss in olive oil and cumin seeds and roast for 30 minutes or so.
5. Add chopped feta to the wilted greens, grate on a little nutmeg, mix through and put into an oven dish.
6. Drain the potatoes and tumble onto the spinach mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes, until the top goes golden.
7. Bung meatballs in the oven.
8. Slice courgettes and toss in seasonned, herby flour. Grill on both sides for a couple of minutes.
9. Serve, scoff.
A touch of sunshine on an autumnal evening.