Thursday, 27 October 2016
1. Cook the rice.
2. Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.
3. Cut pancetta and sausages into bite sized pieces, and add to the onion - fry off.
4. Add chopped red pepper and mushrooms.
5. Add tinned tomatoes, and a little water, simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add butter beans, simmer again until cooked.
7. Serve, scoff ... deep and delicious.
For the veggie version - add chopped veggie burgers at stage 3, also add smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli as these flavours are introduced by the lovely sausages in the non-veggie version.
I made enough for 6 - but it was all finished by 3 of us ....