Wednesday, 2 November 2016
National sausage week: bangers and mash
There are many varieties of sausage available from Todmorden market, so I will be ringing the changes through the week.
Sausages - classic pork today
Cabbage (green and cavolo nero today)
1. Peel potatoes and boil.
2. Bung sausages in a medium oven.
3. Chop onion, sautee in olive oil until soft, add tomato puree and stock and simmer.
4. Mash potatoes with butter, put in the oven to brown the top.
5. Steam shredded cabbage, and cook the peas.
6. Put the sausages into the gravy.
7. Serve, scoff, have seconds.
I made a veggie version too, all the same - but obviously 2 lots of gravy.