Thursday, 10 November 2016
It's a tale of three curries
With it we had basmati rice, channa dhal and a mushroom tikka massala.
Tikka massala paste
Tin of tomatoes
Tin of mataar paneer
From start to finish ...
1. Cook basmati rice.
2. Chop two onions and fry in ghee in 2 frying pans.
3. Add crushed garlic and grated ginger to both pans.
4. Start the channa dhal by adding spices and frying off gently, then tip in drained chickpeas. Stir around for a minute, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a tin of water and simmer gently.
5. For the mushroom curry add a tablespoon of tikka masala paste, cook out then add mushrooms. When the mushrooms release their water add a handful of spinach to wilt.
6. Put the mataar paneer on to heat through.
7. When the spinach has wilted turn off the heat and leave to cool for 1 minute. Stir in natural yogurt.
8. Serve, scoff - the veg dodger wasn't thrilled at meat free, but mixed the three curries together and declared it really tasty.