Salad leaves, dressed with balsamic and olive oil
1. Gently fry chopped onion in olive oil until it goes transparent, then add crushed garlic and a good pinch of herbs.
2. Add chopped aubergine and red pepper, and a handful of red lentils. Fry briefly, then add a tin or two of chopped tomatoes, a pinch of chilli flakes and a cup of water, simmer.
3. Boil pasta (gluten free for us).
4. Cook sausages as you prefer - I bung them in the oven, turn after 10 minutes.
5. Drain pasta, mix pasta and sauce together with a handful of chopped parsley and some grated parmesan. Top with grated or sliced provolone and put in the oven to brown - about 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve, scoff - have seconds (well thirds actually... one of us)