Friday, 18 November 2016
Baked potato with romanesco and mushroom cheese
Meat eaters had a bit of chorizo, veggies didn't ...
All ingredients (except soya milk) available from Todmorden Market. Cheddar from The Crumbly Cheese, olive oil, mustard, gf flour and chorizo from The Mediterranean Pantry. Veg from Garry outside.
Romanesco (or cauliflower)
Flour (GF for us)
Cheddar ... lots
1. Prick the potatoes with a fork, rub over with olive oil and bake.
2. Sautee onion in olive oil, when soft add mushrooms.
3. Steam the romanesco.
4. Make the cheese sauce by adding a spoonful of flour to the mushroom mixture, mix until it has disappeared into the veg, then add a a spoonful of mustard and the milk (soya for us), mix until a sauce forms.
5. Add grated cheese to the sauce, stir in the romanesco and put in the oven until potatoes are ready.
6. At the last minute fry chorizo for the meat eaters.