Autumnal butter bean and root vegetable casserole: with sausages for National Sausage week
The weather has turned suddenly wintery, and it was cold in the Market Hall today - so comfort food was required. Fabulous cumberland sausages from Bracewell's, halloumi from The Crumbly cheese - some spices and butter beans from the Mediterranean Pantry - and seasonal vegetables from Garry outside - a delicious warming casserole was made.
1. Sweat down cleaned chopped leeks in olive oil, add crushed garlic.
2. Chop and add vegetables, a pinch of herbs and chilli flakes.
3. Add tinned tomatoes, and break them down with a fork, add water. Simmer.
4. Cook sausages / halloumi ..
5. When the veg are nearly soft add the butter beans and heat through.
6. Serve, scoff and curl up on the sofa.