Thursday, 10 November 2016
Smoked mackerel fishcakes, with roast tomatoes and peas
1. Gently fry onion in olive oil.
2. Boil potatoes for mash.
3. Chuck tomatoes in the oven drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with salt.
4. Skin and flake smoked mackerel.
5. When potatoes are cooked, mash with butter, add spinach and let it wilt for a minute. Add flaked fish and mix well, season.
6. Shape the fishcakes, fry on each side for a couple of minutes.
7. Cook peas
8. Serve, scoff .... have seconds, no wait thirds ... and the veg dodger had one as a late night snack, so that was a long way to their 5 a day.