Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Chickpea and red pepper curry, with gluten free chapatis
Gluten free flour
1. Make the chapati dough - mix flour with a spoonful of yogurt and enough cold water to form a dough.
2. Kneed the dough until it is smooth and stretchy. Wrap in cling film and chill while you make the curry.
3. Start the curry by frying spices, chopped onion and crushed garlic, in olive oil.
4. Add vegetables - all cut to approximately the same size as a chick pea, Add a little water if necessary and simmer for a few minutes.
5. When the veg are nearly ready add a drained tin of chickpeas, warm through. Check for seasoning. If too mild add a smidge of garam masala, if too hot add a little sugar.
6. Take the dough for the fridge and divide into walnut sized balls, roll out on a dusting of flour. Fry each one in a frying pan which has the lightest possible brush of oil. (theoretically you can dry fry them, but I always burn them). Keep warm under a clean teatowel.
7. Serve, with natural yogurt (and any chutneys etc you fancy), scoff.