Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Bacon, cabbage and mash
From Bracewell's the butchers
From The Crumbly Cheese
From The Mediterranean Pantry
Olive oil, caraway seeds, bouillon powder
From Garry the veg
Onions, Potatoes, white cabbage
1. Peel and boil potatoes for the mash.
2. Chop onion, sautee in olive oil.
3. When the onion is soft add shredded cabbage, a scant teaspoon of caraway seeds (not too many, it goes medicinal), a teaspoon of bouillon powder and a cup fo water, simmer gently.
4. Mash the potato, with butter, and pop in the oven to brown.
5. Top the onion and cabbage mix with raclette, and pop in the oven to melt.
6. Fry the gammon for a couple of minutes on each side - you can pop it into the bottom of the oven to keep warm until the potato reaches the right colour for your taste.
7. Serve, scoff
Lovely, and about £4 a head.