Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain .....
So time for something i) warm and comforting, and ii) out of the cupboards.
Had some Tuscan sausages in the fridge, so this seemed to fit the bill. And, it did!
tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 pack Tuscan sausages
1 red pepper
left over green beans
2 tins tomatoes
glass of white wine
black beans (tin/box - pre-cooked)
Recipe (if you can call it that)
1. Chop and soften onion in olive oil.
2. Cut sausages into bite sized pieces and add to softened onion. Allow to fry, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile peel carrot, chop other veg.
4. When sausage has started to "catch" very slightly, chuck in garlic, herbs, chili and all veg and stir round.
5. After a couple of minutes chuck in glass of white wine, stir to pick up sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
6. Simmer, add tins of tomatoes and water (about a tin and a half's worth). Bring to simmer, season.
7. Simmer for about 20-30 mins - don't let it go dry.
8. Add beans, heat through
9. Scoff (with brown rice and a spoonful of yogurt in my case)