Sunday, 9 December 2012
Pheasant, mushroom and cabbage macaroni
1 pheasant - meat removed and cut into bite sized pieces.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large leek, sliced
1 clove garlic
1 glass white wine
10(ish) chestnut mushrooms
Half a small savoy cabbage, shredded
Pinch of chili
Spoonful of creme fraiche
1. Sweat down leeks in olive oil, over medium heat.
2. When soft, move to the sides of the pan and increase heat. Chuck pheasant bits into the middle of the pan. Brown on one side, then toss mixture together.
3. Put pasta into boiling, salted water.
4. Add chopped mushrooms to leek and pheasant - season, add ladle of water from pasta pan, so that mixture doesn't go dry. Add tiny pinch of chili.
5. When pasta is nearly done, add cabbage to veg and pheasant, toss about a bit, so that it wilts (add another ladle of water if it looks at all dry.
6. Drain pasta.
7. Chuck in pheasant and veg, grind black pepper - big spoonful of creme fraiche. S
8. Stir, scoff.
Took 15 minutes - start to finish, including getting meat from pheasant.