Thursday, 20 June 2013
Chickpea, sweet potato and chard red thai curry
So, my recipe today:-
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sweet potato, diced
Handful green beans, chopped
Some mushrooms, chopped
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tin coconut milk
Big handful of chard - toughest stems chopped off, leaves chopped into big strips
1/2 tsp sugar (to taste, when I tasted it, it was slightly too hot and sour, you might not need it, you might want more)
Jasmine rice (cooked in rice cooker - cook to packet instructions)
1. Fry onion gently in peanut oil, for a couple of minutes. Set rice off cooking (follow packet instructions, or chuck in a rice maker with the right amount of water and ignore 'til done).
2. Add curry paste, garlic diced sweet potato and mushrooms, stir round for a while.
3. Add green beans, stir in.
4. Add chick peas, coconut milk, and water - simmer for a bit (about 15 minutes). Add water if it looks like it's going dry.
5. When veg is soft enough to put the tip of the knife in, add chard, allow to soften for 5 minutes .. ish.
6. Squirt of lime, or lemon if you have it. Scoff
Newest victim claimed to enjoy it. I hope so, and hope to victimise them more in the future.