Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Butternut squash and carrot risotto
2 cloves garlic
1/2 butternut squash
1. Saute chopped onion until a bit soft. Add in crushed garlic, finely diced butternut squash and carrots - turn over in the olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add rice and cumin. Turn over in the oil.
3. Add grated tomatoes and a splash of balsamic, and a pinch of turmeric (saffron if you have it hanging around).
4. Keep adding veg stock and turning over, and stirring until rice is cooked - about 15-20 minutes.
5. Chuck in grated parmesan.
I think this would serve about 5 - and I think it cost about 80p a portion. We had it the following night, fired as fritters with some cabbage - even more delicious.