Friday, 3 January 2014
Holiday breakfast - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on potato rosti
1. Grate the potatoes and onion together.
2. Season and squeeze as much water as possible out, through a clean tea towel.
3. Fry gently in a mixture of butter and olive oil - the olive oil stops it burning, the butter adds flavour and the lovely golden colour. Takes about 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
Scrambled egg and smoked salmon
About 50g smoked salmon
1. Whisk eggs.
2. Melt butter and olive oil together, add egg and continue to mix over a gentle heat for a few minutes.
3. When it is a little too wet, add the salmon. Stir through as the egg finishes.
Serve rosti with eggs and salmon on top. We liked it.
Price per portion: Potatoes 20p, onion 10p, eggs 80p, smoked salmon 50p, extras 20p... about 90p